School Resource Officer (SRO)
Every school in the City of Kingston is currently assigned a specific SRO. The role of the SRO is to provide support to students, parents, staff and administrators through some of the following functions and programs:
- Law and safety related lectures.
- Guidance and resolution of incidents through verbal caution, counseling, mediation, diversion to an intervention program or possibly a charge.
- Support of the Safe Schools Act, the Accepting Schools Act, the Police/School Board Protocol and the Community Threat Assessment Protocol.
- Work with partner agencies (KFL&A Public Health and Kingston Partners for a Safe Community) to deliver programs such as Drive for Life, Racing Against Drugs/Steer Clear of Dugs and Summer Safety Days.
- Support of additional programs including School Bus Patroller Safety Program, WITS Program, Community Helpers, Relationship Matters…Bullying and SPEAR.
For more information contact our School Resource Officers:
- Constable Kelly Reshnyk - email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 613-549-4660 ext. 6194
- Constable Carolyn Gauthier – email email@example.com or phone 613-549-4660 ext. 6306
- Constable Valerie Hurding – email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 613-549-4660 ext. 6213