Police Respond to Multiple Domestics, Three Arrested
Release Date: August 2, 2018
On August 1, 2018 police responded to four domestic incidents and as a result three men were arrested and are now face multiple charges.
On July 28, 2018 the victim received a call from the accused whom she had been in a short one month relationship with. During the phone conversation the accused threatened to shoot any new boyfriend who came near her, her sister, and her sister’s boyfriend. The victim hung up the phone and the accused called back multiple times, leaving harassing messages.
On August 1, 2018 the accused turned himself in at police headquarters. The accused was arrested and held to attend a bail hearing.
A 23-year-old Mississauga man is charged with three counts of utter threats to caused death, harassment by threatening conduct, and two counts of breach probation.
On July 30, 2018 at approximately 3:00 p.m. the victim attended the accused residence and woke him up. The accused was grumpy and yelled at the victim and his mother. The victim decided to leave due to his behaviour and began packing up her property. The accused then grabbed the victim, begging her to stay before punching her multiple times, causing injury to her eye. The accused apologized and the victim agreed to stay.
On August 1, 2018 at approximately 3:00 a.m. police responded to the address for a report of arguing and smashing dishes. On arrival officers met the victim, observed the injury to her eye and learned about the assault from two days earlier.
Police located the accused a few blocks away with another female. The accused was arrested and transported to police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing.
A 27-year-old local man is charged with assault and breach probation.
On July 31, 2018 the victim refused to leave with the accused when he suddenly appeared at her work. When the victim came home the accused was enraged and attacked her. During the violent assault the accused punched her in the head multiple time, put his hands around her neck, and pulled her hair. The victim was unable to call for help as the accused had taken her phone, but a passer-by called police. As officers arrived the accused jumped out a window and onto a second floor roof and then down to the ground, before jumping a fence and fleeing the area.
The victim had serious visible injuries and was taken to hospital by Frontenac paramedics. An investigation revealed multiple past incidents of violence that had gone unreported. Since the beginning of the year the accused had shoved the victim to the ground, pushed her into a wall, and threatened her.
Police continued to search the area and at approximately 5:30 a.m. a patrol officer located the accused riding in a truck. The accused was arrested and transported to police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing.
A 54-year-old local man is charged with four counts of assault, utter threats to cause bodily harm, and assault cause bodily harm.
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660) www.kingstonpolice.ca
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services/online/path-of-strength-app/
- Kingston Interval House http://kingstonintervalhouse.com/
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – http://sackingston.com/
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada https://resolvecounselling.org/
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://kfacc.org/. For men http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://services.findhelp.ca/ovss/
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/