Woman Arrested after Attacking Boyfriend
Release Date: October 10, 2017
A 30-year-old local woman has been arrested for domestic assault after she attacked her boyfriend when he tried to leave.
On October 9, 2017 at approximately 10:30 p.m. police were called to a west end apartment in relation to a domestic disturbance. The accused had allegedly been drinking and was screaming, out of control and causing damage.
Officers met the victim as he was fleeing with some of his property. The victim reported the accused was breaking his possessions and that she had bit and scratched him while he was trying to leave.
The accused was located at the elevator with two young children. Despite probation conditions not to consume alcohol the accused had been drinking.
The accused was arrested and transported to police headquarters where she was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
The accused was charged with assault, and two counts of breach probation.
For those suffering domestic violence – no one has the right to abuse you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Kingston Police or some of the other valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area:
- Kingston Interval House http://buff.ly/2lZx0uv
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – Support Services and Programs http://buff.ly/2lZuHaM
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada http://buff.ly/2mL1FtU
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://buff.ly/2lZm3sM. For men http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://buff.ly/2mKSLN7
- Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington http://buff.ly/2lZrFDw
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family http://buff.ly/2lZrDLU
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://buff.ly/2mKOVDw
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres http://buff.ly/2lZoVWU
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families http://www.menandfamilies.org/