Man Facing Several Charges after Trashing Residence
A 27-year-old local man was arrested after going on a rampage and trashing the family residence.
On June 17, 2017 the victim and the accused (common-law) were at their west end address near Taylor Kidd Boulevard and Bayridge Drive. The accused allegedly began drinking and became belligerent. At one point the accused took the victim’s cellphone, refused to return it and threatened to hit the victim.
The accused eventually left the residence, but when he returned later in the evening he began yelling and screaming at the victim over relationship issues. Fearful of the accused, the victim and a friend gathered up the children and took them outside. The accused began making a mess and damaging the residence along with various items in the kitchen and living room area.
At approximately 7:30 p.m. police were called and the accused was arrested. The accused was transported to police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
The accused was charged with intimidation by hiding property, uttering threats to cause bodily harm, mischief under $5000, and breach of probation.
For those suffering domestic violence – no one has the right to abuse you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Kingston Police or some of the other valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area:
- Kingston Interval House http://buff.ly/2lZx0uv
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – Support Services and Programs http://buff.ly/2lZuHaM
- K3C Community Counselling Centres http://buff.ly/2mL1FtU
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://buff.ly/2lZm3sM
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://buff.ly/2mKSLN7
- Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington http://buff.ly/2lZrFDw
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family http://buff.ly/2lZrDLU
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://buff.ly/2mKOVDw
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres http://buff.ly/2lZoVWU