Man Assaults Common-Law and Threatens Children
Release Date: December 5, 2017
A 23-year-old local man has been arrested after assaulting his common-law and threatening to kill the children if she called police.
On December 2, 2017 the victim confronted the accused over returning Christmas gifts purchased for the children, for money she suspected he was using for drugs. The accused punched the victim in her ribs causing her to fall to the ground.
On December 4, 2017 the victim again confronted the accused over his alleged drug addiction. The accused became angry and grabbed the victim by her throat and threw her to the floor. The victim tried to leave the residence with the children, but the accused prevented her from taking them and threatened to kill the children if she called police. The victim was able to flee the residence and attend police headquarters.
The accused was located at the residence and arrested without incident. The accused was transported to police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
The accused was charged with two counts of assault and utter threats.
For those suffering domestic violence – no one has the right to abuse you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Kingston Police or some of the other valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area:
- Kingston Interval House http://buff.ly/2lZx0uv
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – Support Services and Programs http://buff.ly/2lZuHaM
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada http://buff.ly/2mL1FtU
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://buff.ly/2lZm3sM. For men http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://buff.ly/2mKSLN7
- Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington http://buff.ly/2lZrFDw
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family http://buff.ly/2lZrDLU
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://buff.ly/2mKOVDw
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres http://buff.ly/2lZoVWU
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families http://www.menandfamilies.org/