Man Arrested After Police Learn of Multiple Violent Assaults
Release Date: January 12, 2018
A 37-year-old local man was arrested after police learn of multiple violent attacks on his common-law.
Between September 2017 and January 2018 the accused violently attacked the victim on multiple occasions. During once incident the accused punched her in the stomach multiple times. He then shoved the victim onto the bed on top of shards of glass from two tablets he smashed. When the victim tried to get up, the accused began punching and kicking her. He then grabbed a knife, put it to her throat and threatened her. When the victim tried to leave the apartment the accused dragged her back by her hair.
During another violent incident the accused choked the victim to almost unconsciousness. When the victim recovered from the choking attack, the accused came at her with a knife and attempted to stab her in the back of the leg. When the victim yelled out, the accused began punching her repeatedly.
On January 11, 2018 after another physical attack, the victim left the residence and attended police headquarters with a family member. On the same date, officers located the accused at the residence and arrested him. The accused was transported to police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
The accused was charged with assault, assault with a weapon, choking, uttering threats, and mischief.
Kingston Police want to let victims of domestic violence know that no one has the right to abuse you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Kingston Police or any of these other valuable support services and resources for victims of sexual or domestic violence in the Kingston area:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660) www.kingstonpolice.ca
- Kingston Interval House http://buff.ly/2lZx0uv
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – Support Services and Programs http://buff.ly/2lZuHaM
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada http://buff.ly/2mL1FtU
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://buff.ly/2lZm3sM. For men http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://buff.ly/2mKSLN7
- Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington http://buff.ly/2lZrFDw
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family http://buff.ly/2lZrDLU
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://buff.ly/2mKOVDw
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres http://buff.ly/2lZoVWU
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families http://www.menandfamilies.org/