Historic Domestic Assault Reported
Release Date: May 16, 2018
A 32-year-old local man has been arrested for domestic assault.
On May 15 a woman came into Kington Police Headquarters to report a domestic assault which had occurred 5 days earlier. She provided a video interview to investigators about what happened to her on May 10. According to the victim, she and her partner were having an argument in the basement of the residence they share. The exchange became heated and the accused pushed her causing her to fall into a cement chimney. She sustained minor injuries during the incident.
At 3 p.m. the accused was located and arrested for assault. He was transported to police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police.
The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660) www.kingstonpolice.ca
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services/online/path-of-strength-app/
- Kingston Interval House http://kingstonintervalhouse.com/
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – http://sackingston.com/
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada https://resolvecounselling.org/
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://kfacc.org/. For men http://kfacc.org/do-you-need-help/for-men/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://services.findhelp.ca/ovss/
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/
- Canadian Centre for Men and Families http://www.menandfamilies.org/