Family Member Interrupts Domestic Assault
A 46-year-old local man is facing multiple charges after attacking his common-law for answering the phone.
On April 18, 2017 the accused and the victim (common-law) were in their downtown apartment. At approximately 12:00 p.m. the accused became upset with the victim when she answered the phone. The accused began physically assaulting the victim and threatening to kill her with blunt objects. The attack only ended when a family member happened to stop by and the victim was able to flee.
During further investigation police learned of previous violent incident in January 2017 where the accused attack the victim during an argument.
On April 19, 2017 at approximately 7:45 a.m. officers located the accused and transported him to police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing.
The accused was charged with two counts of assault, two counts of utter threats to cause death, two counts of forcible confinement, assault with a weapon.
For those suffering domestic violence – no one has the right to abuse you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Kingston Police or some of the other valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area:
- Kingston Interval House http://buff.ly/2lZx0uv
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – Support Services and Programs http://buff.ly/2lZuHaM
- K3C Community Counselling Centres http://buff.ly/2mL1FtU
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://buff.ly/2lZm3sM
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://buff.ly/2mKSLN7
- Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington http://buff.ly/2lZrFDw
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family http://buff.ly/2lZrDLU
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://buff.ly/2mKOVDw
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres http://buff.ly/2lZoVWU