Domestic Abuser Found Asleep in Backyard
Release Date: September 11, 2017
A 26-year-old local man has been arrested after assaulting his partner.
On Friday September 8 at approximately 3:00 a.m. the accused arrived at his partner’s residence on Weller Avenue seemingly intoxicated. He became upset when he thought she threw a pillow at him and began yelling, cursing and calling her names. He slapped her causing her to become so frightened that she contacted a friend. This inflamed him and he struck her in the face and threatened her. The accused left the residence when the friend arrived. Later that morning, the victim attended Police Headquarters to report the incident. Police then found the accused asleep in her backyard. He was arrested and transported to police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
The accused was charged with criminal harassment, assault, threats and breach of release conditions. The victim sustained minor injuries.
For those suffering domestic violence – no one has the right to abuse you. Please do not hesitate to reach out to Kingston Police or some of the other valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area:
- Kingston Interval House http://buff.ly/2lZx0uv
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – Support Services and Programs http://buff.ly/2lZuHaM
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada http://buff.ly/2mL1FtU
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://buff.ly/2lZm3sM
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://buff.ly/2mKSLN7
- Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington http://buff.ly/2lZrFDw
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family http://buff.ly/2lZrDLU
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://buff.ly/2mKOVDw
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres http://buff.ly/2lZoVWU