Impaired Driver Strikes Road Sign, Guard Rail and Other Motorist
Release Date: November 5, 2018
A 30-year-old woman from Roblin was arrested for impaired driving on Friday night.
On November 2 at approximately 9:30 p.m. a vehicle hit and damaged a road sign on Hudson Drive and sped off southbound on Bayridge leaving car parts behind. A driver also traveling southbound witnessed the accused tailgating and passing vehicles at a high rate of speed. The accused got to Front Road and failed to stop at the stop sign, continued to speed, and almost put the car in the ditch. At Front Road and Sandy Bay Lane, the accused rear ended another car and continued swerving across the centre line. She lost control and hit a guard rail. By this time, the first witness showed up and realized the accused was trying to drive off. He removed the car keys from the ignition.
Kingston Police arrived and arrested the woman for impaired driving and failing to remain at the accident scene. She was transported to police headquarters where she refused to provide a breath sample to the technician.
The accused was charged with impaired driving, failing to remain at an accident and refusing the breath demand. She was released on a Promise to Appear with a future court date.
For those struggling and living with alcohol or substance abuse, assistance can be found. Please do not hesitate to reach out to some of the valuable support services, organizations and resources in the Kingston area and abroad:
- Addiction & Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington http://bit.ly/1DZegk0
- Hotel Dieu Hospital – Detoxification Centre http://bit.ly/1ZSdI9I
- Alcoholics Anonymous Kingston http://bit.ly/1WBvI2I
- Ontario South Al-Anon – Alateen http://bit.ly/1Pt0zbV
- Limestone Area of Narcotics Anonymous http://bit.ly/1QpPaig
- Youth Diversion – KAIROS Program http://bit.ly/1ngmVqw
- Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse http://bit.ly/1lCPiOC
- Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH) http://bit.ly/1SBUu3p