Domestic Assault and On-Going Harassment after Separation Ends in Arrest
Release Date: December 4, 2018
On September 6, 2018 during a domestic argument the accused got on top of the victim and began choking her. The assault was not reported to police at that time. In late October after the relationship ended, the accused became angry when the victim refused to come visit him. The accused began harassing the victim by sending over 200 Facebook and text messages over a 24 hour period, some of which included threats. The accused also created fake Facebook profile accounts in an attempt to communicate and harass the victim’s family and friends.
On November 5, 2018 the incidents were reported to police and a warrant was issued for the arrest of the accused.
On December 3, 2018 the accused turned himself in at police headquarters where he was held to attend a bail hearing the following day.
A 36-year-old local man was charged with assault, utter threats to cause death, harassment by repeated communication, harassment by threatening conduct, and utter threats to cause bodily harm.
No one has the right to abuse another person. Victims of domestic violence or sexual assault and witnesses are encouraged to contact Kingston Police. The following links offer valuable support services and resources in the Kingston area for victims of domestic and/or sexual violence:
- Kingston Police (613-549-4660) www.kingstonpolice.ca
- Kingston Police Path of Strength Smartphone App https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/services-resources/victim-services/#path_of_strength
- Kingston Interval House http://kingstonintervalhouse.com/
- Kingston Sexual Assault Centre – http://sackingston.com/
- Resolve Counselling Services Canada https://resolvecounselling.org/
- KFACC (Kingston Frontenac Anti-violence Coordinating Committee) http://kfacc.org/
- Victim Services of Kingston and Frontenac (613-548-4834) http://victimservicesontario.ca/
- Addiction & Mental Health Services - Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Violence in the Family https://www.attorneygeneral.jus.gov.on.ca/english/family/violence.php
- Ministry of the Attorney General – Victim Services Directory http://services.findhelp.ca/ovss/
- Ontario Network of Sexual Assault/Domestic Violence Treatment Centres https://www.sadvtreatmentcentres.ca/