Application that do not have a valid OACP certificate will not be accepted.
Special Constables perform duties related to, but not limited to:
- security, care and transportation of prisoners;
- security of courts; and
- service of summons and subpoenas.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- A minimum of grade 12 or equivalent;
- Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- excellent physical condition and able to pass a fitness test and mandatory training;
- hold an OACP Certificate of Results for a Special Constable;
- valid Class G Ontario driver's license and suitable driving record;
- valid First Aid and CPR Level C certificates;
- must be medically fit and able to pass a medical examination;
- must pass an investigative background check.
Submit your résumé with a cover letter and supporting documentation
All documents submitted must be stapled together, no document protectors/plastic sleeves, binders or binding of any kind.
Supporting documentation may include:
- OACP Certificate of Results (For Special Constable or Constable)
- Transcript(s) of educational achievements
- Two or more letters of reference related to employment or community service
- Certificates/letters from community involvement
- Certificates of achievement
- Copy of valid First Aid and CPR certificates
- Other related documents you wish to include.
Mail or deliver in person to:
Director of Human Resources
705 Division Street
Kingston , Ontario K7K 4C2
Recruitment steps include, but are not limited to:
- Physical fitness test (details on our webpage)
- Background investigation
- File review
- Psychological assessment
- Medical assessment by physician
The candidate selection process will reflect the dedication of the Kingston Police to the principles of Equal Opportunity.
For further information, please contact Human Resources at 613-549-4660 extension 2287