Communications and Dispatch
Communicators act as dispatcher and call-takers (in emergency and non-emergency situations). Responsibilities include but are not limited to.
- dispatching calls for service to police officers, ensuring adequate police coverage;
- supporting police officers and public safety; and
- answering and responding to incoming calls, as well as calls received from the 9-1-1 telephone system in a calm and efficient manner.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- Excellent verbal, written and listening skills;
- excellent customer service skills;
- confidence and skill in stressful situations;
- communications experience;
- emergency service experience;
- keyboarding skills of at least 35 words per minute;
- minimum of grade 12 education or equivalent; and
- must pass an investigative background check.