Special Constable Information
Applications that do not have a valid OACP certificate will not be accepted.
Special Constables perform duties related to, but not limited to:
- security, care and transportation of prisoners;
- security of courts; and
- service of summons and subpoenas.
What qualifications are we looking for?
- A minimum of grade 12 or equivalent;
- Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada;
- excellent physical condition and able to pass a fitness test and mandatory training;
- hold an OACP/ATS Certificate of Results for a Special Constable;
- valid Class G Ontario driver's license and suitable driving record;
- valid First Aid and CPR Level C certificates;
- must be medically fit and able to pass a medical examination;
- must pass an investigative background check.
Supporting documentation may include:
- Current OACP/ATS Certificate of Results
- Transcript(s) of educational achievements
- Two or more letters of reference related to employment or community service
- Certificates/letters from community involvement
- Certificates of achievement
- Copy of valid First Aid and CPR certificates
- Other related documents you wish to include.
Recruitment steps include, but are not limited to:
- Physical fitness test (details on our webpage)
- Background investigation
- File review
- Psychological testing and assessment
- Medical assessment by physician