The Kingston Police will strive to be among the most progressive, efficient, and effective community-oriented police services by developing, supporting, and engaging our members.
The Kingston Police, in partnership with the community, protect and promote safety and quality of life for everyone in the city of Kingston.
In the conduct of their services, the members of the Kingston Police value:
- the right of all individuals in our community to be treated with understanding, compassion, dignity, and respect;
- the rule of law and its fair, impartial, and sensitive application;
- a work environment that recognizes the contribution of all employees and promotes respect, understanding, accessibility, communication, cooperation, and trust;
- our commitment to working with, and in, the community to identify and solve problems, prevent crime, and resolve conflict;
- the importance of providing assistance to victims of crime;
- continuous improvement and our desire to consistently provide more effective services;
- effective, efficient, and sound economical management of our human, physical, technological, and financial resources; and
- a timely response to emergency situations.