Community Oriented Response and Engagement
The Community Oriented Response and Engagement (CORE) branch of Kingston Police encompasses six units and oversees their various community programs and engagement. The branch utilizes the various units within to plan and execute initiatives meant to resolve community concerns and on-going problems. By addressing these community concerns and proactively working to prevent problems, the CORE unit alleviates front-line patrol officers from multiple responses to the same incident.
Through the use of crime analysis, community partnerships, problem-solving techniques, enforcement, and public education, the goal of the Kingston Police CORE branch is to create sustainable solutions to crime and problems effecting our community.
The following units and their community programs and engagement fall under CORE.
- Traffic Safety https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/about-us/sections-and-units/traffic-safety/
- Community Officer https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/about-us/sections-and-units/community-officer/
- Youth Officer https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/about-us/sections-and-units/youth-officer/
- School Resource Officers https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/about-us/sections-and-units/school-officers/
- Beat, Bicycle, and Mounted Units https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/about-us/sections-and-units/beat-bicycle-mounted/
- Media Relations https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/about-us/sections-and-units/media-relations/